Monday, January 17, 2011

And This Little Pig said Very Sad Day

I don't usually do this, in fact I never have, but is has been a God awful day.

When I arrived at work today, one of my co-workers asked what I knew about the car accident that happened on Sunday, three elderly ladies, sisters were killed.

I hadn't seen the news, so knew nothing about it, another co-workers said the accident had occurred just outside the small town just down the road, where I grew up.

This is where the God awful feeling came in, so went on-line to the local paper, and they had actually named the three ladies, two sisters 78 and 88, along with their sister-in-law she was 84... all gone. These lovely ladies in their twilight years where all good friends of my grandmother, and were great pillar's in the local community.

Rang round the aunts and uncles to make sure someone had informed Grandma, she now lives in Queensland (she is safe from the flooding). Grandma is devastated to say the least.

The fourth lady in the car, is in hospital and listed in a stable condition.

These four dear ladies had just been to Mass, and where on their way to visit a friend for morning tea. The really scary thing is, that if my grandmother had still been living in town, and with my Granddad now gone, she could have been in the car as well.

Now a family has spend the day organising furnerals for their three aunts and a small country town mourns a great loss.

10 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear this! So sad, to lose so many at once :( Good to know your grandma wasn't with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. What a sad thing to have happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry to hear about the accident and death of your Grandmothers friends. My condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  4. News like this just makes your knees go out from under you. I'm so sorry for your community's and your grandmother's loss. There is joy here, though, and that is that it sounds like these ladies lived lives full of friendship and service to their community. They won't be forgotten.
    I'm sorry for your pain, Libbie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad sorry to hear but thank God your grandmother wasn't with them.

    Mary in IN

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a horrible way to learn news of a tragedy. I'm so sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Condolences and hugs to your grandma and the rest of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so sad and sorry to hear about this. prayers for everyone and for your grandma.

    ReplyDelete